I am so grateful for this as, for me, it’s validation from fellow bloggers who deem my writing worthy of a read. So I am honestly so pleased that I have received this nomination. What a lovely way to start off March.
Now with the technical stuff…
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog. ✔
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you. ✔
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. ✔
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog. ✔
So here are my questions from Meher:
1. Does your blog specifically aim at something? If yes then, what does your blog aim at?
Yes, I am a mummy and lifestyle blogger. These are topics I am knowledgeable about and that I enjoy reading from fellow bloggers, so when it came to choosing my niche it was a relatively easy decision for me.
2. If you could do one great thing for the world, what would you do?
This is a toughie because there is so many things I’d love to have the power to change, but going by my own life experience I’d choose to eradicate Cancer. It’s the most awful, heartbreaking disease and I have seen too many wonderful people suffer because of it.
3. If you could live as any fictional character for one day, which character would you be?
Ok so there’s a few popped into my head… but I think I’d choose Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz because it’s my favourite movie of all time and… well… those Ruby Slippers! Swoon!!!❤
4. Hot chocolate or cold coffee?
Always Cold Coffee – Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato… Yum!!!
5. What power would you choose: transformation, invisibility or mind–reading?
Invisibility definitely. Not only so I could sneak up on people, but so I could escape my toddlers bedroom unscathed when I’m putting him to bed.
6. If you could transform into any animal, which one would it be and why?
A bird… So I could just fly away whenever I wanted.
7. Are you more of a turning-physical-pages-of-a-book reader or an e-book reader?
Definitely a “turning-physical-pages-of-a-book reader”. I love the feeling and the smell of new books. There’s nothing better… Although I’ve had to opt for audio books as late, seen as the only time I ever get to enjoy a book is at night, in the dark, when everybody else is sleeping.
8. If you could remodel time, where would you travel to – the past or the future?
The future. Although it might be frightening to see whats up ahead, I’d want to know that my boy was ok. Being a mum is such a worry and the biggest worry I have is about my sons future, so I’d definitely time travel in that direction.
9. Look around the place you’re at while answering this question. What’s your favourite thing from in here?
A few things…
- My wall of quotes. In front of my desk (where I’m sat right now) is a gallery wall of quote prints. I love it. It motivates me and inspires me every single day.
- A huge canvas of my son and husband on the wall – it makes me smile every time I look at it.
- My son. He is napping in his highchair at the minute and there is nothing I love more on this earth than him!
10. What is your favourite junk meal?
McDonald’s… Hands down! McChicken Sandwich, Fries and a Strawberry Milkshake! 🙂
11. What’s the one thing that encourages you to keep writing?
My love of it. Having this little piece of the internet that’s mine, that other people enjoy reading. It’s a privilege.
So I’ve answered all the questions and I hope those of you who give it a read actually enjoyed my ramblings. Now it’s my turn to nominate 11 Bloggers who I feel are worthy of The Sunshine Blogger Award.
It was tough, as I’m a fan of so many beautiful writers out there… but here’s who I narrowed it down to (in no particular order):
The Curious Mummy A fellow Mummy Blogger with a beautiful page and great content.
Cooking From Your Heart A Food Blogger showcasing some delicious homemade recipes.
Searching For My Inner Zen A lovely Blogger focusing on spreading love and positivity.
The Makeup Mumma A lovely Blogger who just welcomed a little bundle of joy.
Autism Interrupted An amazing Blogger sharing her experience of Autism.
Beta Mummy A funny Mummy Blogger who illustrates the BEST portrayals of parenting.
Everyday Young Mum A Mummy Blogger posting all about the joys of pregnancy.
How My Dream Became A Reality A Mummy Blogger sharing her Endometriosis journey.
Island Girl Reads A Book Blogger who lives on her own little Island.
The Coast Is Claire A lovely Lifestyle Blogger who covers an array of topics.
Waves and Lilacs A Blogger sharing her experience of being a ‘Modern Day Housewife’.
And here are the questions I’ve come up with:
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Name one person who inspires you?
- If you knew the world was ending tomorrow, what would you do today???
- If you could choose any career, what would it be and why?
- Would you rather have a nose where your thumb is or a thumb where your nose is?
- Who is your favourite actor/ actress?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you could change one part of your appearance would you, and what would it be if you did?
- Name one thing from your BucketList?
- If you had to give up chocolate or sweets, which would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
So there we have it lovelies. I hope all my nominees enjoy answering my questions and taking part in this post. Thank you again to the lovely Meher for my nomination.
D xTags: Awards, Inspiration, MummyBlogger, parenting