I feel like my medication has stopped working.
In fact, It’s as though I am back at square one with all the emotional stuff. Annnndddd… to add insult to injury I’m more exhausted than I’ve ever been in my entire life. WTF! Read More
Happy Monday lovelies!!!
So I done something this week that was wayyyyy out of my comfort zone. I done a series of Instagram Stories speaking about my son. Read More
We recently had a couple of hours of sunshine and warmth here in Central Scotland so we decided to take advantage and spend some quality time with our son, niece and nephew at one of our local Country Parks.
It was glorious to feel the slight heat of the sun on our faces, even if it was all too brief. Read More
I am many things. A mum. A wife. A Photographer.
But I am also the stereotypical woman in every sense of the word when it comes to shopping. I can’t help myself. It’s like an overwhelming desire that comes from deep inside me. If I have money in the bank (even sometimes when I don’t) I am going to spend it… And ASOS Curve is the biggest recipient of my hubby’s hard earned cash. Read More
Thank you so much to the ever-lovely Natalie from Searching For My Inner Zen for nominating me for this award. Not only is she a beautiful writer and inspiration, but she is a beautiful person who I am very grateful to have met through our blogs.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
Three Things About Me:
- I’m a fully qualified Photographer
- My son was born at 24 weeks, weighing just 1lb 9oz
- I would love to write a book
- Who are some people you only met once but they left a big impression on you? The obstetrician who delivered my son – and it wasn’t a good impression!
- What is your least favourite food? Mushrooms – YUCK!
- What was your favourite cartoon when you were growing up? Whacky Races
- What celebrity would you love to have dinner with? Tom Hardy
- What have you really wanted to do for a long time but haven’t done yet? Start a Youtube Channel
- If you could develop one skill overnight, what would it be?
- If you had to change your first name, what new name would you choose?
- If you could write a book about your life, what would it be titled?
- What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
- If you could bring back the dead, which famous person would you bring back?
Looking forward to reading all of your responses lovelies! Hope you all have a good week!
It’s Saturday afternoon and I am sitting at my desk while my husband watches football and my son protests a “timeout” in his playpen. This isn’t a punishment for him, but rather a 10 minute restbite for daddy and I who are at our wits end with his challenging behaviour today, and by challenging I mean picking up and throwing every movable object in the livingroom. There’s only so many times you can put the room back together before having to throw in the towel.
So that’s our Saturday, and I imagine the rest of the day won’t play out much different.
For this reason I’ve opted for a “chilled-to-the-max” Saturday night… The only way to recuperate and rejuvenate when I’ve had a horrendously difficult day with the tiny human.
For me it’s a shower (I am soooo not into baths) where I listen to my latest Spotify playlist and sing along (badly might I add). I feel the weight of the world dropping off my shoulders when I’m in the shower, and I feel even better when I have clean, dry hair followed by a quick skincare regime and fresh pyjamas to wear.
You should know by now that I have a very sweet tooth. It’s my biggest downfall I think… but there’s nothing better than having a little picnic of snacks and goodies when you’ve had a hard day. My favourites are Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Cake and Peanut MnM’s. Yum!
No Saturday night is complete without an alcoholic refreshment. Now I’m not a big drinker at all and I believe very much that alcohol is best enjoyed in moderation. However, I’ve recently discovered the joys of Pink Gin and I’m very happy about it. My hubby mixes me up a cocktail of 25ml Pink Gin, Diet Lemonade, Lime slices & frozen Raspberries. It is out of this world good! Give it a try!
I like to snuggle up with a blanket and propped up pillows on my cuddle sofa, while my hubby stretches out on his sofa opposite. Some people like to snuggle with their other half, but that’s just not us. We prefer getting comfortable in our own space and more often than not that involves both a blanket and a hot water bottle for me.
We go through so many different moods when it comes to what we like to watch on TV. We’re not very into movies that often, with a few exceptions every now and again for ones we love. Generally speaking though we go through a selection of our favourite TV shows. These are currently ‘The Big Bang Theory’, ‘Gavin & Stacey’, ‘Californication’, ‘Modern Family’ and (despite protests from my hubby) ‘Sex & The City’.
Then it’s just time to relax. We’ve sorted everything that’s important, and despite there being a pile of washing the size of Mount Everest, we make the choice to prioritise our sanity over household chores. That can wait till Sunday!
What do you lovelies do in your downtime??? Let me know in the comments!